Deployment 2008-2009 LO's

My Kits

Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday... Always Monday!

Treasures To Scrap forums are rockin' and some serious action is going on!

There have been some changes to the way the challenges happen. Now they are posted once a month and can be completed at any time during the month. Check out the new thread for the full instructions.

The April Template Challenge by Fabella is up and running. Let me tell you this.... if you have never tried this one you gotta do it now. The template is amazing. Have a look at what I did with it using the April Treasure Chest available in the digi store:

Alex-Party-Time!

The Colors of Paradise Challenge is in full swing also. Every month we are challenged to use a color scheme. This month it is any colors of the tropics. Check out what I created using Sunfire's A Fairy Tale Kit:

Polynesian-Cultural-Center-Cover-(April-Colors-of-Paradise-Challenge)

I also used Amanda Carlson's Template #111 from her blog. There is also a digi challenge for techniques. The April technique is clustering and the challenge is to use at least 20 elements and/or papers on one layout. Check out what I did for this challenge using Laura Burger's True Affection:

Willow-and-Bammie-Kim-(April-Cluster-Technique-Challenge)

I'm not totally happy with the way this one came out, but it is still very pretty. I love these challenges for just one reason: they give me a wonderful outlet for my creativity!

I also got some wonderful shots of my nephew's first birthday party. I finally managed to make it to someone's first birthday.

DSC00996 DSC01098 DSC01119 DSC01198 DSC01333 DSC01392 DSC01480 DSC01529 DSC01533 DSC01538

I got so many more pictures I think it would take me a lifetime to show them all. I even managed to fill up my disk in the camera! Yep! Over 1000 pictures at one time! WOOT!!! I RAWK!!! I'm a photo fanatic. LOL

 

Well, I suppose I should head out. Need to spend some more time with my husband before he leaves this week for Iraq. My father is already there, he left last week.

 

Pleasant Eve All,

Melissa

No comments: