Deployment 2008-2009 LO's

My Kits

Sunday, January 20, 2008

New LO's

So let me say this first off. I love having family so close that I can go see them if I want to, but far enough away that we aren't up each other's butts. My sister's DH is stationed in Heidelberg. It's only like an hour and a half one way if there is really heavy traffic. I could make that trip no problem, it's just a pain when you are the one always making it. I understand that my sister has the three kids and traveling at all can be a pain. I really do understand that. But, they have lived here for over a year now and have only been to my home twice as opposed to all the time I have spent over there. Plus, my parents live like 2 minutes (literally unless the traffic light gets you) from me and she and the kids have been over there almost as much as they have been at their own home since mom and dad got stationed here. Sometimes it's a little annoying to always get griped at that I never go to visit, but there are times when I would like to say what I am thinking. I don't because I am so attached to the kids (not having any of my own ya know) that I don't want to screw that up. Not to mention that I really like being able to talk to my sister about stuff if I'm in a bind. So it's one of those things where I am learning to be grateful for the stuff I have and not open my fat mouth and insert both feet.

Now on to the good stuff. I made some new LO's yesterday. My nieces are so close in age, only ten months apart, that they are more like twins. This year on my youngest niece's birthday we had one heck of a time explaining to Willow that it was Lily's birthday and not hers yet. It didn't go over so well. In the end, I got a gift for Lily that could be used by both of them and asked my sister if Willow could help Lily open it. My mom even got Willow a mini cake so she wouldn't be upset and cry. Both of the girls are usually big camera hogs. I have it permanently attached to my hand when I go visit and that has become one of the first things they look for. So needless to say they have learned to "cheese" it up big time. They're both drama queens anyway, but now it's like worse than ever. So anyway, these two LO's are from Lily's party in September 2007 when she turned two. I am still working on the ones from Willow's 3rd birthday this past November (2007) and those should be up soon. These LO's were made using Karla Morano's Denim & Diamonds Kit, which is available in her store (linked via my blinkie I hope.....) with fonts by Heather Stokes.

(Having issues getting any photos uploaded now for some reason. Will update and keep trying)

I'm hoping to get a lot more scrapping done after this coming week. Thank goodness finals will be over! Dropping down to one class this coming term so that I can spend more time doing the things I want. Not to mention hubby leaves in a couple months to go to Iraq again (another 15 months down the drain for me) and I really want to spend all the time I can with him. Gotta do something to have kids right?! LOL This last LO was done for a challenge at Treasures To Scrap. The idea was to give the reason you scrap. Here is my LO. I used the Timeless Journey kit by Manuella Zimmerman which is available at Treasures To Scrap. The fonts are also by Heather Stokes. These are all awesome designers and you should check them all out. It's well worth it. You should also check out Treasures To Scrap. They have an awesome gallery and feature not only digi-scrapping, but also hybrid and paper scrapping as well. This is one fun group of people and the forums are always hoppin! Check it out!

(Having issues getting any photos uploaded now for some reason. Will update and keep trying)

Anyway.... time for bed. After 2:40am here. Ugh.... Hope you all enjoyed the LO's.

Pleasant Eve All!

No comments: